How important are electrical inspections? When considering the number of electrical devices and appliances it takes to power your home and lifestyle, it becomes clear that regular inspections from a qualified electrician are crucial. We live in an electricity-centric world. And staying on top of the functionality and safety of your home’s electrical system will ensure you protect your home and family or business from electrical hazards, including a fire.
During an inspection, the electrician will carefully assess your property’s electrical wiring to ensure it is operating correctly and at full capacity. Not only will this enable you to use your devices and appliances, but it can also save lives.
To optimize safety, most electricians suggest scheduling an inspection for your residential or commercial system every three to five years. They also recommend an electrical inspection when buying a new property, installing a new electrical appliance, completing a renovation, or if you notice any unusual issues with your electrical system.
What Does an Electrical Inspection Entail?
An electrical inspection will include a site visit in which a professional electrician assesses the following:
- Whether your property’s electrical system meets the standards set in the National Electric Code
- Switch, wall outlet, electrical panel, and circuit breaker operation
- Proper electricity flow
- Whether all fixtures, switches, and appliances are grounded
- Surge protection validation
- Optimal operation of arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs)
- Any electrocution or shock hazards
- Light bulb wattage verification
- Factors that impact energy efficiency
Benefits of an Electrical Inspection
Scheduling an electrical inspection with a trusted electrician will put your mind at ease and offer several benefits, including:
- Cost savings: When you catch minor issues during an inspection before they become major costly repairs and replacements, you will save money.
- Improved safety: Faulty electrical wiring and other system problems cause property fires every year. An inspection will detect issues so you can repair them and make your home or business a safer place.
- Increased energy efficiency: Regular electrical inspections ensure your electrical system is operating at peak efficiency, which is better for your appliances and devices and saves you money on energy costs.
Schedule a Professional Electrical Inspection Today
At Kalahari Electrical Services, we provide residential and commercial electrical safety inspections in Lawrenceville and throughout the Metro Atlanta area. Our comprehensive inspections include assessments of all light fittings and wiring to identify any potential hazards. If we find faults or damage, we can offer recommendations for professional repair and replacements to get your home or business electrical system in optimal condition.
Why are electrical inspections so important? Inspections from Kalahari Electrical Services will help you avoid electrical fires and other hazards. We are dedicated to keeping your property safe and efficient. Contact Kalahari Electrical today to schedule an electrical inspection.