Reliable Electrical Panel Services in Lawrenceville, GA
When Only The Best Will Do
Modern properties are burdened with more electrical devices than ever before. With the rise of home automation, extra pressure is placed on the electrical panel and requires greater electrical services. Unless your property was recently built or upgraded, it is unlikely to handle all the electricity this technology requires. Your best bet is to discuss your needs with Kalahari Electrical Services. With over two decades of experience in the industry, our Lawrenceville electricians understand precisely what your home or business needs when it comes to residential electrical services.
When you need a professional licensed electrician to take a look at your home’s electrical systems, you want one with years of experience to handle the job. Our expertise extends to various electrical systems, both for residential and commercial properties. Whether a simple light fixture installation or a complex electrical system overhaul, we’ve got you covered.
The electrical panel box, commonly referred to as the breaker box or fuse box, is a critical component in most homes. It safely distributes electrical current from one primary source to various circuits throughout your house. This box contains several circuit breakers or fuses designed to protect your home from power surges or overloads.
A circuit breaker panel is an upgrade from the traditional fuse box. Unlike fuses, which must be replaced when they blow, circuit breakers could be reset. They are safer and more convenient, with each breaker switch designed to interrupt the flow of electricity when too much current flows through it.
The ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) breaker is another essential component of your electrical panel. It’s designed to protect you from electrical shocks by cutting off the power when it detects a discrepancy in the electrical current (current leakage.) Traditionally we are familiar with GFCI outlets with reset buttons installed in kitchens, bathrooms, basements and outdoors. These are now replaced by GFCI Breakers.
Breaker boxes, also known as breaker panels, serve as the main access point for your home’s electrical wiring. They contain individual circuit breakers that control different areas or components of your house. Each ARC Fault, GFCI or combination breaker has a reset button that trips when the circuit is detecting a fault for safety reasons.
Older homes often have outdated electrical systems that may not be able to handle modern appliances’ electrical needs. Updating your breaker panel can prevent overloaded circuits and potential electrical fires. Our experienced electricians at Kalahari Electrical Services can assess your current system and recommend necessary upgrades or replacements.
While fuse boxes were standard in older homes, most homes today use circuit breakers. Circuit breakers are generally safer and easier to use, as they simply need to be reset when tripped. Fuses, however, must be replaced each time they blow, which can be inconvenient and costly.
The heart of your electrical system is the electrical panel. These vital components bring the wiring throughout your home to a central focal point. We provide expert services for electrical panels, including installation, repair, and upgrades, to ensure your system is safe and efficient.
If you have an older home, the existing electrical panel may not have the capacity to handle the demands of modern electronics. Knowing how it can help your property in the long run is vital for people considering upgrading to new electrical panels. Some of the benefits of upgrading your electrical panel include:
- Prevents problems with breakers and fuses
- Reduces the crowding of outlets
- Provides power for remodels
- Assures the efficiency of larger appliances
- Protects you from electrical hazards
Don’t let an out-of-date electrical panel ruin your day. We proudly serve customers across the Atlanta Metro area. When your lights go out, call 678-665-2309 for immediate help!
You might be familiar with the electrical panel. It is where the safety features of your system live, including the circuit breakers and fuses. Since so much electricity is routed through the panels, they often need repair from a qualified electrician. Some of the most common signs that you need our licensed electricians include:
- Frequent Tripping: If your circuit breakers are constantly tripping, it’s a sign that your electrical panel may need repairs.
- Burning Smell: A burning smell coming from your electrical panel is a serious issue and could indicate a potential fire hazard.
- Flickering Lights: If your lights are flickering or dimming, this could mean that your electrical panel is overloaded and needs attention.
- Old Age: Electrical panels typically last around 20-30 years. If yours is older than this, it might be time for a repair or replacement.
- Warm or Hot Panel: If the panel feels warm to the touch or the breakers are hot, there could be a problem.
- Corrosion or Rust: If you notice any signs of corrosion or rust on your electrical panel, it must be repaired.
- Failed Circuit Breakers: If your circuit breakers fail to trip when they should, this could indicate a malfunctioning electrical panel or breakers.
- Inadequate Power Supply: If your home’s power requirements have increased over the years and your panel can’t keep up, it probably needs an upgrade or replacement.
- Unusual Noises: Buzzing or crackling sounds coming from your electrical panel should be checked by a professional immediately.
- Use of Fuses Instead of Circuit Breakers: If your panel still uses fuses instead of modern circuit breakers, it’s outdated and likely needs to be replaced.
Give our team a call as soon as you notice damaged cables or wiring, moisture around the panel, or if the panel is older and unable to handle the total amount of electricity your property needs. We also offer a wide range of electrical services, including the following:
- Attic fan installation
- Breaker and fuse repair
- Electrical panel upgrade
- Electrical wiring and rewiring
- Safety inspections
- Lighting installation
- Smoke detector installation
- Switches/outlets repair and installation
- Whole-house surge protection
- Emergency services
Contract our trusted electricians and get your new electrical panel installed right away!
Our Reviews Speak Volumes
Our Customers Tell It Best
It is extremely rare to find an electrician who is that knowledgeable, but also just as kind and patient.
I wholeheartedly recommend the professional services of Kalahari Electric.
I am extremely satisfied with the work that they did.